Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. --John Milton

Sunday, October 1, 2017

Let's talk Birth over Tea

Good tea is too hot to gulp. A steaming cup invites me to sip this moment.

Birth too, can be like a steeping chai spice. I get to let go and enjoy it. 

Blogging helps me do just that - savor this pregnancy, marvel at birth.

Tea is also best shared. A tea kettle pours into mugs, and hearts pour into each other's. 

We share this experience with women throughout the ages and with one another. We celebrate birth with family and friends. 

So grab a cup of tea or coffee?







2 comments:

  1. So happy to find your blog, Charis! We're currently expecting #3, and while the first two were natural midwife births, this will, Lord willing, be our first homebirth. Looking forward to reading through your archives and getting more info and encouragement along the way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kristen. What a gift to consider birthing in your own home. Most American women of this past century don't even think of it as an option. For me, I feel most secure laboring and delivering in my own home. Others feel most at ease in a hospital. For me, I feel more unsettled facing the discomforts and general birth-ignorance of the hospital setting. I would want to take along a trusted team to buffer me (husband, doula, friend). Every birth already takes courage. Being where I'm comfortable and with whom I'm comfortable avoids additional stress. I can then focus on what I was made to do. I see that I am extraordinarily fortunate to have snuggled with my minutes-ago, wide-awake newborn on my own bed with nothing to do next. So easy to savor the blessed beauty of the moment. Yet I believe that beauty halos every new life, recognized or not.

    ReplyDelete