Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. --John Milton

Monday, March 21, 2016

Talk about a Happy Place! (five months pregnant)

I glimpse him, though my fingers haven't yet traced his nose. The ultrasound projects his lively image for me to savor. There are his limbs, his fingers, his four-chambered heart, his nose.

He nonchalantly pushes his knees up against uterus and presses his hand to his face with a "peek-a-boo!" I channel a message: "I love you."

His flexing fingers grab hold of distinct toes. And I realize something - he feels entirely secure.

The complex world has yet to bombard him. Nothing worries him. He knows with every cell that he is safe. He swims carelessly within his sphere of love. God's love and my love nestle him.

So he pulls on his toes. And rocks contentedly.





More beautiful baby info? BabyCenter has a precious video on YouTube

2 comments: