Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. --John Milton

Tuesday, December 1, 2015

Raspberry Loose Leaf Tea for Pregnancy

Here's a mama who details how raspberry loose leaf tea is wonderful for pregnancy - especially that last trimester. Wellness Mama has enjoyed the tea often herself and includes brewing instructions.

I had a cup this morning and find it relatable to green tea which I like so much. I think it was good for me during my two precious pregnancies, but I only had maybe a cup a day and it was with tea bags. I'm excited to try loose leaf - 3  to 4 cups a day in the last few months!

 Here's what Wellness Mama says about it:

The specific combination of nutrients in Raspberry Leaf makes it extremely beneficial for the female reproductive system. It strengthens the uterus and pelvic muscles which some midwives say leads to shorter and easier labors.
...
Pour 8 ounces of boiling water over 1 teaspoon-1 tablespoon of Raspberry Leaf. Steep, covered, for at least 5 minutes and drink as regular tea. I often keep a gallon of cold raspberry leaf tea in the fridge so that I don’t have to brew by the cup. To make a gallon, just 3/4 to 1 cup of Raspberry Leaf per gallon of boiling water.

She's got lots more goodness to share here.





2 comments:

  1. And for those who are tea adverse (me, unfortunately), I enjoy using Red Raspberry Leaf capsules! Same benefits! Beeyoutiful.com sells an excellent product. I also like to use their Omega-3 capsules since I'm not always able to get enough fish or other Omega-3 rich foods in my regular diet (makes smart babies :-D). - Samantha Burtner

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing, Samantha. That's helpful. I don't get enough omega-3 rich foods either. I've recently started taking a daily teaspoon of cod liver oil, which is also omega-3 rich. http://nourishedkitchen.com/benefits-of-cod-liver-oil/

    ReplyDelete