Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. --John Milton

Monday, October 19, 2015

Fermented Sweet Potato for Baby

My infant just enjoyed a helping of one of his favorites - fermented sweet potato. Or I might call it sweet potato yogurt. Anyway, the sweet potato, the yogurt, and the fermenting process make this one healthy, yummy dish for Baby.

FERMENTED POTATOES
4 cups cooked, peeled sweet potatoes
2 cups plain yogurt
1 Tablespoon sea salt
Bake or boil the potatoes, and then mash in a glass bowl.
Blend with yogurt and sea salt well.
Cover with a clean, cotton cloth and secure with a rubber band.
Leave covered bowl on the counter for two days.
It mostly fills a couple of quart jars and should last a month in the refrigerator.
I got the recipe from the wonderful Healthy Home Economist.





More info: The Healthy Home Economist blog is bursting with clear instructions on healthy eating. 

1 comment:

  1. So about the time I post this, my 11 month old infant decides he doesn't care for this tangy dish anymore. Haha - the trick's on me (I reluctantly confess that I tossed the last batch as it sat too long in the fridge). I will get to try again with this baby.

    ReplyDelete