Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. --John Milton

Monday, February 16, 2015

Our Christmas Gift (Water Breaks)

3:43 AM Wednesday, I arouse to a leaking sensation. I hustle to the toilet where I know my water has broken. I assume that's most of it. (catch up on the story here)

I settle on the couch with a bowl of cereal - then hop up and hurry to the bathroom, leaving a trail.

I don't want my husband's experience with this birth to start with cleaning up blood. So I try to plug the flow to deal with the mess, but it's just too much - I call for his help.

He insists on cleaning it up and letting me shower. I'm gratefully amazed as he calmly mops the floor. The shower feels good.

4:35, it's back to sleep. Crampy contractions occasionally wake me.

7:40, I'm up for the day with no notable contractions. But surely it will all happen soon, right? The regular clear leakage continues, but the contractions are weak and random.

I call a dear friend to ascertain if she's able to help out in Mom's place. Even though I've caught her on an extra busy week, she wants to come. I promise to text her.

Bedtime comes without any regular contractions. I sigh and tuck in.







No comments:

Post a Comment