Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. --John Milton

Monday, February 2, 2015

Our Christmas Gift (A Little Early)

Crampy contractions interrupt my sleep and enter my dreams throughout the night. After 5 Tuesday morning, I lay awake.

Yes, I'm ready for this baby, but not yet ready. I'm ready for him to come next week, after Mom arrives Saturday, after a few errands in town.

I enter a Jacob-wrestle with God. Will I lean in, trust - or will I tense, fear? I track contractions: 5:36, 5:48, 6:01. "Yes," I say. "Yes."

Let go. Lean in.

The errands might not get done. I believe if baby comes before Mom get's here, the Lord will - is - providing all we need for the birth.

I relax and enjoy this for the gift it is.

I sleep soundly until 7:30.




No comments:

Post a Comment