Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. --John Milton

Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Our Christmas Gift (Indication by the Mucus Plug)

A few mild contractions stir me from a sound sleep Tuesday. (Read the previous part of the story here). When I go to pee, I notice a light, "bloody show" and recognize that I've lost the mucus plug.

Oh my, this baby really is going to come earlier than I guessed.

10:20 brings a mild contraction. I expect things will progress faster than last time. So I call my doula to update her that I expect baby to come this week - maybe Thursday morning or even earlier.

I call my husband to share my expectation. I ask him to cancel our Wednesday commitment.

At 2:05, I note that I completely lose the tacky mucus plug.

In the evening while sitting on the couch, I feel pressure on my cervix that is not a contraction. Baby wiggles a lot and drops snugly into place.

My sister sits criss-cross on the rug, having played all day with the two-year-old, while I had cleaned the bathrooms and floors. House is clean, baby is at the gate - let's do this.

The Cowboy says he was distracted thinking of me all day.





Want to read more birth stories? Check out Birth Without Fear

No comments:

Post a Comment