Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. --John Milton

Monday, December 8, 2014

This Little One is a ...

I had lists of boy and girl names before I knew we were having Baby two. I was asking my husband about this or that name. He would nod, waiting until we found out the gender.

My first checkup with my midwife by preference was at eighteen weeks (just had blood drawn before). I had also scheduled the same day the one ultrasound I planned to get.

I always enjoy my checkups with the birth center midwives. This day I was extra excited to also see my baby. I longed to hear the beautiful thump, thump of his or her heart.

With tears on my cheeks, the Cowboy and I glimpsed our precious Wonder stretch and shift. A tiny hand - opened and closed.

Wow.

Wow.

Thump, thump - so alive. So amazing.

"Look there," smiled the sweet technician. I took in my breath. "A boy!"





No comments:

Post a Comment