Gratitude bestows reverence, allowing us to encounter everyday epiphanies, those transcendent moments of awe that change forever how we experience life and the world. --John Milton

Monday, October 20, 2014

A Natural View of Birth

Natural is not just a way to do birth - it is birth.

Birth is natural first. Thankfully, technology and skilled surgeons save lives, and they do it in unnatural ways. Even then, medical experts interact with something marvelously natural.

So whatever surprises labor brings, I can have a solid understanding of birth. I can keep a natural view, even during a c-section. A drug-free, vaginal delivery is rewarding, but a natural perspective is key to a satisfying experience.

Here's what a natural perspective gets:
1. My body instinctively grows, delivers, and nurtures my baby.
2. My baby instinctively participates in birth.
3. Birth involves interaction of body, mind, heart, and spirit - for mother and baby.

A natural method of delivery is not guaranteed. What I can do for sure is see my body and my baby as natural marvels. What amazes you about birth?





Want more info? Try Spiritual Midwifery by Ina May Gaskin or http://naturalbirthblog.com/ from a delightful mom. 

2 comments:

  1. I was so dead set on having a natural birth that I would have been extremely disappointed if I would have had a c-section. But you definitely bring a good perspective to it. It was important for me to have a natural birth because I felt that it was best for me and my baby. There is truly no other experience like it in the world!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for sharing your insight, Kristin!

    ReplyDelete